As I have said in Part One, I see myself as a Higher Self who is God-Consciousness in form, and a Lesser Self who is Ego, and ultimately an illusion. I see every one of the seven billion people on Earth in exactly the same way. As well as the five points I made in Part One, I also see the following being true about myself:
- All experience my Lesser Self and Higher Self have is perfect. That is one of the major purposes of life — God experiencing Himself. There is no true judgement from God — there is only the Lesser Self judging itself and judging others. It is the Ego that thinks it can judge. From God’s perspective, the perspective of my Higher Self, what I do is experience.
- When I die, I may cease to exist as an individual and may be absorbed back into the Ocean of formless God-Consciousness. Alternatively, I might continue as a separate entity. Frankly, it does not matter. It is only the Ego (Lesser Self) that needs to think it is special enough to continue separately. I am not going to argue one way or the other as to whether I continue as a separate individual in the afterlife, or whether I become One with God-Consciousness, which I am anyway. It is irrelevant to the eternal Now, which is the only reality.
- My body is an expression of consciousness. How things are with my body may influence the Lesser Self as to how it responds to that body. However, the greater influence is the other way around — my body will respond to what is in my mind and in the consciousness of my Lesser Self. If I am sick, it is my mind that is usually sick first, and the body is just reflecting that state of mind.
- If I need to heal my mind or body, I need to allow my Higher Self to come through, and then allow my Lesser Self to withdraw from its fixed attitudes or stance. Healing comes from God-Consciousness. Prayers to God are heard by the God-Consciousness of my Higher Self, and can be immediately answered if my Lesser Self is prepared to allow the healing in. God does not interfere from outside His Creation (including me); He interferes from within. Thus, the Lesser Self and free will are not compromised. They are healed by acceptance and surrender. Healing is always readily available.
- My purpose in life is to express myself and experience. I can choose to do a lot in each minute of my life or I can choose to do very little. I have free will. I cannot complain about my excess or lack of life experience as it is in my own hands. My Lesser Self has the say as it has usurped the free will that I have been given as a God Franchisee. My Higher Self accepts what is presented to it, and will help my Lesser Self whenever it is truly asked for that help. This is my hotline to God.
This gives you an idea of how I see my place in the universe. I also see you and every other person in the universe in the same way. The effect of viewing people in this way may lead you to become much more empathetic to others, much less swayed by trivia driven by ignorance and illusion (or delusion), and much more understanding of why people do what they do. There have been many occasions when I have read or seen in the news a story of someone who has committed a serious crime and is described as evil. Based on the perspective stated above, I have come to realise they are not evil, but have acted from a place of pain, ignorance, and Ego. Forgiveness and understanding arise much more easily.
So how do you feel about what I have said in Parts One and Two? The Comment box is below, just waiting to receive your thoughts!
(Parts of this blog are quoted from Chapter 12 of my book, The God Franchise)